Keeping your hair healthy and stylish at the same time can be a balancing act. With the right approach, you can keep your look natural and beautiful.
- In the shower, rinse your hair until it is soaking wet. If your hair is really wet, the shampoo and conditioner will help your hair a lot.
- Take your shampoo, and put about an amount the size of two quarters in one hand. Lather it briefly throughout both of your hands. If you have dandruff, use normal shampoo and dandruff shampoo. How much shampoo you use can depend on the length or thickness of your hair.
Rub your wet hair with your hands. Suds won’t always show up, but its okay! Use your fingertips, and not your fingernails. If you scratch with your nails on your wet head with chemicals, it will make your head itchy which is not very healthy.
- Rinse your head until all of the shampoo is gone. If you feel a knot, don’t worry about it! Conditioning will make it go away.
- Run your fingers through your hair.
With your conditioner, squeeze enough out to fill the middle of your palm. A bit more is good, but if you use too much, your hair will turn out greasy and be more knotty than it already is. Lather the conditioner throughout both of your palms to get an even feel for around your head.
- Run the conditioner on the “surface” of your hair.
- Rinse your body with soap, a loofah, body wash, or anything else you may use. Try to keep the conditioner in your head, but it’s okay if you wash a bit away.
- The minute you finish washing your body, rinse out the conditioner. Keeping the conditioner in for a long time actually gives it a chance to get into the knots. If you still have knots, you can untangle them manually.
- Just before you get out of the shower, rinse your head briefly. The extra wetness makes your hair look shiny as a result.
- Turn off the water, and squeeze out the excess hair.
Step out of the shower and dry your body off.
- Brush your hair as you would normally. Just brush it out, and when you finish a stroke, brush it to the back of your head.
- Get dressed into your pajamas, casual clothes, etc. with the turban still on.
Put a towel turban on your head so your hair can dry.
- Take off the turban, and brush out your hair, again. Repeat with step 14.
- Once your hair dries, your hair will look beautiful and natural!